The essence of training compensation is to pay a specified amount of money the previous club of the player. That amount is supposed to compensate the financial expenses incurred in the process of training. The legitimacy of that institution is confirmed inter alia by the Court of Justice of the European Union, which in its judgment in Bernard case ruled that the obligation to pay to the former clubs certain financial benefits for training of does not preclude a guarantee of free movements of workers, if the fee in fact provides protection for funding training of the young athletes.
We have extensive experience in providing opinions and active participation in national and international proceedings regarding training compensation. Considering the above, in the scope of services in the field of training fees we offer inter alia:
- preparation of legal opinions concerning in order to determine the validity of claims and the amount of due financial benefits;
- representing the clubs and players before the authorities of national and international sports federations;
- representing the clubs and players before arbitration courts, including the Court of Arbitration for. Sport in Lausanne (TAS/CAS);
- preparation of letters, queries, requests for payment, the answers to the request for payment and any other correspondence concerning training fees;
- participation in meetings and negotiations taking place in order to determine the amount of training fees;
- preparation of statements regarding the waiver of claims in respect of training compensation;
- services regarding monitoring of the players, i.e. taking all necessary steps to determine the actual status of the players.